The QuickBooks courses are designed to give you the knowledge you require to get the most out of your QuickBooks software as well as being designed to make you a QuickBooks expert and an asset to your company.
An introduction to the Courses
It is essential to have a firm grasp of the financial side of your business. Uncertainty or accidental mismanagement of your company’s books can often lead to regrettable consequences. To help you avoid these pitfalls, and to ensure you get the most from our software, we offer skills training for users as well as senior management.
QuickBooks Essentials – 2 Day Course
This intensive two day will teach you the in and outs of QuickBooks so that you can take advantage of QuickBooks’ more unique features. By the end of this course you can consider yourself an accomplished QuickBooks user.
Schedule for Live Classroom Training
- 9:00 AM (Your Time) – Sign in – Registration
- 9:30 AM – Class begins
- 13:00 PM – 1:30PM – Lunch
- 3:00 PM – End of Day & Special Q&A Session
Desktop Edition Training
- The Basics
- Differences between QuickBooks Versions
- Setting Up Company File
- Navigating around QuickBooks
- Understanding the home page and icon bar
- Understanding the financial statements (what you really NEED to know)
- Unified chart of accounts (UCOA)
- Setting up item lists (Products & Services)
- Setting up programs / Cost centre
- Managing Taxes
- Setting up VAT Control Account
- Filing VAT
- Other taxes
- Tracking Income \ Accounts Receivables
- Setting up Customers and Jobs
- Creating Quotations, Sales Orders, Sales Receipts & Invoices
- Receiving payments
- Undeposited funds
- Recording deposits
- Processing Credit Notes and Refunds
- Tracking Expenses \ Accounts Payables
- Setting up Suppliers
- Entering and paying bills
- Using an outside payroll service
- Paying employees
- Paying payroll taxes
- Classifying expenses by program
End of Day & Special Q & A Session
- Recording deposits
- Using Petty Cash
- Writing Cheques
- Transferring funds
- Bank Reconcilliation
- Entering journal
- Salaries Journal
- Employee / Cash Advances
- Bad Debts Journal
- Planning & Budgeting
- Entering and reviewing budgets
- Copying prior year’s budgets
- Modifying budgets using Excel
- Importing an Excel budget
- Tracking budgets by Cost Centres
- Entering budgets by Cost Centres
- Preparing budget reports for the board of directors
- Generating budget vs. actual reports
- Customizing QuickBooks
- Adding, deleting, resizing, and reordering columns on reports
- Filtering and formatting reports
- Saving reports and creating memorized report groups
- Customizing forms
- Creating and using custom fields
- Exporting reports to Excel
- Work with Reports
- Add, delete, resize, and reorder columns
- Filter and format reports
- Save reports and create memorized report groups
- Standard Reports
- Basic profit & loss statement
- Balance Sheet
- Accounts Receivable Reports
- Accounts Payable Reports
- Trial Balance and General Ledger Reports
- Profit & loss statement by month and by Cost centre
- Budget vs. actual reports
- Year-end financial statements for auditors, directors and accountant
- Advanced Features
- Multiple currencies
- Add custom fields
- Templates (Create custom invoices and other forms)
- Add Logos and Custom fields
- Use multi-user
- Setting Up users
- Password protect QuickBooks
- Update QuickBooks
- Work with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Close the books
- Find transactions FAST and other time saving features
- Work with the accountant’s review
- Protect your QuickBooks data
- Preferences to change
End of Day & Special Q & A Session
Online Training Edition
Advanced Training Edition
Quick Payroll Training
Perfect for new and intermediate users
If You’re a New User (less than 1 year using QuickBooks):
It’s normal that you feel overwhelmed and intimidated by accounting software. Especially if you’re not an accountant and have never used accounting software! In just 2 days, discover that you really can master QuickBooks and use it with complete confidence and accuracy.
If You’re an Intermediate User (1 – 2 years):
With your experience, you probably know the areas of QuickBooks you use very well. But, you also know there’s a lot more to that you’re not using! And, you probably have specific questions or problems with QuickBooks. Discover the untapped power of QuickBooks and get all your questions answered.
If you’re an Experienced User (2+ years):
With your experience, you’ve made QuickBooks work for you. However, you know there are some gaps in your QuickBooks knowledge. You also know that there are more efficient and effective ways to do your job. In just 2 days, discover tips, tricks, and faster ways to work with QuickBooks.
We provide you with 2 comprehensive workbooks. (Desktop Edition Only)
These workbooks are invaluable during your class and as a reference guide after you return to work. These workbooks include the steps for completing everything you learn in class.
Bring a sweater or light jacket.
Hotel meeting rooms are typically cool, so you might want to bring a sweater or light jacket.
Bring a List of Questions.
This is your golden opportunity to have a QuickBooks expert at your disposal. If you have specific questions or problems with QuickBooks, make a list and bring it to class. Your instructor stays until all your questions are answered!
Upon Completion, you receive a Course Certificate.
After you graduate from the course on Day 2, you receive a nice certificate that indicates you completed the QuickBooks class.
Live Classroom FAQ’s
Do you cover the same material in the live online version and classroom version of Mastering QuickBooks?
Can you teach at my office?
We don’t provide one-on-one training, but we can teach a group at your location. We can even tailor the class to meet your needs. This cost varies you will need to obtain a Quotation from our offices.
Do I need to bring a laptop?
No. We teach the class “seminar-style.” This means we do the typing…and you do the learning! When everyone has a computer, the QuickBooks class can only move as fast as the slowest typist. Our method ensures that you’ll learn the maximum amount of material with the smallest investment of time.
If you feel like you need hands-on training, we offer the same class in a self paced format (on demand or on CD/DVD). You can watch the instructor step by step, pause the training, and practice what you learn.
What is the cancellation policy?
Refunds will be made only if cancellation request is received in writing 5 (five) business days prior to Class (minus $45 registration fee)
Which version of QuickBooks do you teach?
We always teach the most current version. Don’t worry if you have a different version. The instructor will point out the differences between the current version and your version. Older versions work basically the same way and you’ll learn new and improved features!
Do you offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes, if you’re not satisfied for any reason, return your materials to the instructor by lunch on the first day of class and you will receive a full refund. We do not provide refunds if you do not attend class. We will, however, keep your credit so that you may attend another class in the future.
What if I miss the class because of illness or travel?
We apply your credit and apply it to another class of your choice (in your area or online).
Am I guaranteed a seat in the class when I place my order?
Yes. Your registration is guaranteed upon receipt of payment.
Can I split the class between dates? In other words, can I attend Day 1 this month and Day 2 the next time you’re in my area?
Yes, Please call a training consultant for your location to set this up.
I am attending the class from out-of-town. Do you offer reduced hotel room rates?
Unfortunately we don’t. Hotels don’t provide this option unless we guarantee a number of rooms. We do strive to find reasonably-priced hotels. Contact the hotel directly for their rates.